Invitation Letter for Visa
Passports, valid for at least six months from the entry into China, and entry visas are required to visit China, except those from Japan and Singapore if they stay for less than 15 days. Participants are advised to browse Visa Information at the Web site of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of PRC or consult the nearest Chinese diplomatic mission for details.
The convenient way is to ask your travel agents to arrange your travel to Beijing and obtain a tourist visa.
To those participants who need to apply for an 'F' Visa, please send the following information to the KICSS local organizing group,
(1) Your Name
(2) Your Gender
(3) Your Address (including zip code)
(4) Your Birthday
(5) Your Passport number and Expiration Date
(6) Your Paper NO.
(7) Your Affiliation
(8) Your Fax number
KICSS 2011 local organizer will then send a formal invitation letter at a standard form issued by Chinese Aacdemy of Sciences directly via Fax and email. Participant can use that letter to apply for an entry visa. This application should be made preferably at least one month before departure for China.
Please go to the Visa Office of the Embassy or Consulate-General in the consular jurisdiction where you live to apply for your Visa. The requirements are:
(1) Your valid passport which must have at least six (6) months of remaining validity and with at least one blank visa page in it.
(2) The completed Visa Application Form with one recent passport style photo, with full face, front view, no hat and against a plain light background.
(3) Official Notification of Issuance of Visa (Invitation Letter) from the authorized departments (original).
(4) Other documents which depend on your nationality. Please check with the respective Embassy or Consulate-General in the consular jurisdiction in which you live.
Visa fees and processing times vary from country to country.
If participants have any difficulties in obtaining your visa, please contact us immediately.